It's finally here, today Apple announced the release and pre-orders of their new standard range of new AirPods, the Generation 3.
Available on release day of the new AirPods, we will be also going live with our new fully customizable Apple AirPods Gen 3 Cases. Personalize all of your AirPods and AirPods Pro gear at designairpods.com
No fancy names, just a new option to upgrade your original AirPods without having to spend as much as the premium AirPods Pro.
The next generation of Apple AirPods are available and Design AirPods stock all the best quality personalized cases, sleeves and skins for the new generation 3 AirPods.
From Apple's Press Release
The new AirPods feature spatial audio and industry-leading sound, longer battery life and an all-new design
“AirPods forever changed wireless headphones with their groundbreaking design, incredible sound and magical experience,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “We are excited to introduce the next generation of AirPods, featuring unrivalled sound through Adaptive EQ and spatial audio with dynamic head tracking, along with seamless interaction between Apple devices — making the world’s best-selling headphones even better.”
The new design of AirPods is lightweight and contoured, sitting at just the right angle for comfort and to direct audio into the ear. For a more subtle appearance, the stem is shorter than the previous generation and features the same intuitive force sensor as AirPods Pro for media control. The new AirPods are resistant to both sweat and water, with an IPX4 rating for both the earbuds and the charging case
Breakthrough Audio Features
AirPods (3rd generation) build on the great sound quality that AirPods are known for, starting with a custom driver and a high-dynamic-range amplifier that together produce powerful bass with crisp, clean high frequencies.
The microphone is covered by an acoustic mesh to help reduce the sound of wind, so the speaker’s voice comes across distinctly on calls.
AirPods also feature AAC-ELD, a superior speech codec that offers full HD voice quality, providing clear, natural communication for FaceTime calls.
The new AirPods use computational audio to bring the breakthrough experiences that customers love on AirPods Pro and AirPods Max — like Adaptive EQ and spatial audio with dynamic head tracking — to even more people.
For an optimal listening experience with rich detail, the new AirPods feature Adaptive EQ that tunes sound in real time based on how AirPods fit in the user’s ear. An inward-facing microphone monitors for sound, and then Adaptive EQ, powered by computational audio, tunes the low and mid frequencies to account for what may be lost due to variances in fit.
Spatial audio creates a three-dimensional cinema-like experience, placing sound virtually anywhere in space, and with Dolby Atmos, AirPods have never sounded better. Users can also enjoy this multilevel experience with dynamic head tracking, so music, video and even Group FaceTime calls feel more immersive than ever before. Using advanced spatial audio algorithms, and by applying directional audio filters to subtly adjust the frequencies that each ear receives, the new AirPods can place sound all around the user.
With one-touch setup that automatically pairs AirPods with other Apple devices, users can effortlessly enjoy music throughout the day. Audio Sharing allows listeners to share the audio stream between two sets of AirPods, AirPods Pro or AirPods Max, while using iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple TV.
A new skin-detect sensor accurately discerns if AirPods are in the ear — versus in a pocket or on a table — and pauses playback when removed. To help with sound clarity, beamforming microphones block out ambient noise and focus on the user’s voice, while users can also enjoy a hands-free experience by simply saying “Hey Siri” for requests.
Pricing and Availability
- AirPods (3rd generation) will be available for RRP A$279 inc. GST and are available to order from apple.com/au/store and in the Apple Store app in the US and more than 26 other countries and regions starting today, with availability in stores beginning Tuesday, 26 October.6
- AirPods (2nd generation) will be available at the new price of RRP A$219 inc. GST.
- AirPods Pro now come with MagSafe Charging Case for the same price of RRP A$399 inc. GST.
- With the Apple Music Voice Plan, users can enjoy millions of songs, playlists and stations in the Apple Music catalogue through Siri. The Apple Music Voice Plan will be available later this spring in selected countries and regions for A$5.99 inc. GST per month.
- New subscribers can get six months of Apple Music on us with the purchase of any AirPods, AirPods Pro or AirPods Max.5
- AirPods require Apple devices running iOS 15.1, iPadOS 15.1, watchOS 8.1, tvOS 15.1 or macOS Monterey, all available as free software updates next week.
- Customers can add personal engraving with emoji, text and numbers to cases for AirPods Pro, AirPods (3rd generation) and AirPods (2nd generation) for free on apple.com/au/store and in the Apple Store app.
All copyrights belong to Apple and AirPods